Tuesday, March 9, 2010

1st Pres and Kim Reunite

For almost 10 years now, the Brackenhurst Ministries' story has begun with 'I was raised in Peachtree City, Georgia and I grew up within the First Presbyterian Church family.' This past weekend this story came full-circle as I watched ladies that taught me Bible lessons in elementary school step out of the 1st Pres. church van and into the journey that will take them to Kenya this June! We spent a fun weekend sharing life stories, talking through cultural differences, and experiencing growth that comes from solving problems together.


The team experiences the importance of depending on one another

On Saturday morning, I shared with the team 2 of my favorite Biblical stories (Gen 12:1-4 and Matt 14:22-33). After reading these passages together, we talked more in-depthly about God's work in our lives. We recognized that all throughout Scriptures God has been guiding His people into an unknown land and asking us to trust Him. I love these stories of obedience: "So Abram left, as the Lord had told him..." and "then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus." However, I'm so thankful for the mental image of Christ reaching down to grab Peter out of the water when Peter doubted. I am also so thankful for all the people that the Lord brings to serve alongside of us in Kenya! This specific team of 9 will serve at our Western project, and they will use their skills and talents to teach nursery-aged orphans the Bible through music, drama, and sign language! This talented group will also spend time teaching our ECD (Early Childhood Development) teachers how they can incorporate these lessons into their regular teaching patterns. I am so excited to see how God is going to use each and every talent to minister to the precious people in western Kenya.

First Presbyterian PTC 2010 Kenya team

No comments:

Post a Comment